Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Musical Tribute

Today I would like to share my thanks for some of the people who help to get me out of bed in the morning.  I have decided to share songs instead of stories. The songs selected are each significant to myself and the person I am thanking.  Each one is indicative of a moment, a memory, an event that we have experienced together.


The one I love the most! He keeps me sane, and grounded(as in feet on the ground!) and is a part of the voices in the back of my head(as in a conscience!) and still likes to dance.






My First Born. The child I birthed and tried to change my whole self for in the hopes of raising him right. It feels like I gave him all my hopes and aspirations to carry...what a heavy burdon for a young man. (I'm trying to take them back, and let him have his own!)



The young one. The little boss man in our house. He says jump and we say how high. Begrudgingly we move but every smile he gives out is precious to my heart. This was a tough nut to crack...he's sensitive, I don't want to break that creative spirit waiting to take flight.



 My soul sister who I still live vicariously through







My Sweet Friend who shares the burden of dysfunction and teenagers with me and gives me laughter instead of tears and a swift kick in the pants instead of sympathy







My Friend who seems more lost than found and is too far away for me to ever see, I miss our moments of shared insanity...and looking back, those are some of my favorite days






Sometimes, it feels as if the world has left me alone in a puddle and there isn't anything except rain to look forward to. Each of these people has handed me an umbrella, given me a hand or shown me in some special way that the sun will shine again. I won't name them they know who they are. I would be lost and quite possibly drown with out them.

No comments: